Black Cherry with curly grain (as available) – natural finish.
Tail fan, beard, and spurs not included.
Hand crafted and emphasizing the best of the wood grain. Black Cherry, one of the finest furniture woods, when finished naturally, produces a mosaic of subtle reddish-orange color that contrasts with the naturally swirling grain. Natural dark curls or stripes are sometimes present, which enhances the striking contrasts even more. Natural finish.
For assembly purposes please note the following:
- Mounting plaque is 8 1/2″ tall x 7″ wide x 2″ thick.
- The bone/feather tail fan base must be finished to 3/4″ thickness or less to fit properly in the fan slot.
- Spur mounting sockets are approximately 9/16″ tall x 1/2″ wide to accommodate a full range of spur sizes.
- Beard receiving slot measures approximately 5/8″ wide x 3/8″ tall.
- A keyhole mounting slot is on the back of the plaque in lieu of a wire or metal hanging bracket. This allows the plaque to lay flat against the wall. Simply use a nail or screw to hang the plaque using the keyhole slot.
- Instructions for assembly are provided at this link.
- If you do not have the tools, skills or time to prepare the spurs (or fan and beard for that matter), and would like me to do the installation, please contact me preferably before placing your order. I can also custom router your spur mounting sockets for a near perfect fit. Contact me for service requirements and pricing.
- Tail fan, beard and spurs not included with mounting plaque.